Food parcels / Food banks
- Emmaus House - 101 Fitzwarren Street, Salford, M6 5RQ - It is a club you can join if you are on low income and pay £2.50 per week and get £15 worth of shopping T: 0161 737 8279 firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Eccles Foodbank Centre - Connect Church, where our Eccles foodbank centre runs from on Friday mornings (11am - 1pm) is currently undergoing building work. This means that although we will still run a foodbank session from here, we have very limited space and the only entrance will be on Wellington Road.
- The Launch Project - Are doing emergency packs for people self-isolating or finding it hard to get out 0161 883 319
- Salford Assist - Support people in crisis who don’t have money for food or heating call 0800 694 3695
- Costcutter Eccles - Are offering free delivery for elderly and vulnerable 07958241154 / 07544371341
If you are down to £4 on your gas and electric pay and go. You can phone your provider and ask for a fuel voucher. You can do this twice a year and don’t have to pay it back. £40 credit will be given to you.
If you can’t get baby formula, if you ring your local pharmacy they should be able to order you some. Or if you look on the back of the baby formula tin some have helpline numbers and they should be able to deliver some to you.
Furniture / Electric Appliances
- www.rainbowfurniturecentre.weebly.com/index.html - Furniture centre in Trafford park who supply low price goods – Phone. 0161 968 0125 Cleanstart Re-Use Centre, Mosley Road, Trafford Park M17 1NR Open hours mon- Fri 8am–4pm
- www.salford.gov.uk/discretionarysupport.htm - Community Care Grants have now been replaced with Salford Discretionary Support. Families will no longer be given money to buy goods, instead they will be supplied with the furniture direct. Families will only be able to apply for essential items such as fridge, cooker, beds etc.
- Wesley Community Furniture Project - can supply cookers as well as furniture packages. T: (0161) 226 9051 firstname.lastname@example.org www.thewesley.org.uk
If a family is in need of emergency items such as gas/electric for metre, food, nappies etc then they will be expected to attend Salford Opportunities Centre where they will be supplied with vouchers for the items.
Glasspool Charity – www.glasspool.org.uk/who-can-apply/ - A UK wide charity providing grants to vulnerable adults as well as children and families. If authorised they will credit children services to then proceed with purchase.